If I am going to teach I want to be the best I can be!
Instructing others is much more than presenting information.
Found this brief article that contains a list of characteristics of a great teacher. These 9 points are valuable guides as you reflect on your effectiveness as an instructor
A great teacher:
- respects students
- creates a sense of community and belonging in the classroom
- is warm, accessible, enthusiastic and caring
- sets high expectations for all students.
- has his own love of learning and inspires students
- is a skilled leader.
- “shift-gears”and is flexible when a lesson isn’t working
- collaborates with colleagues on an ongoing basis.
- maintains professionalism in all areas